Long gone are the days of changing detector batteries every year. The perception still remains by many, that wireless alarms are not reliable. It is true, there are batteries to change, however new lithium batteries can last in a security detector up to 8 years.
Here are some of the reasons why we sometimes recommend wireless alarms:
- A hard wired alarm will typically cost less in parts, but more in labour. If you don’t know how long you will stay in your premise, you should invest in something that can easily be taken with you when you leave.
- Some building constructions do not suit retrofitted wiring.
- Time constraints, you need it working now, and can’t wait for the longer process of hardwiring.
- Compatibility. maybe you have the same system somewhere else and want to use the same remote or App at both locations.
- Depending on the features you require, sometimes wireless devices are best. i.e. portable panic alarms, detectors that can be moved and changed as you renovate etc.
- Multiple outbuildings can be covered by one alarm system using wireless technology.
- Temporary requirements, we hire wireless alarms for temporary use.
Want to find out more?
Not everything is right for everyone, discuss your needs or voice your concerns.